Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello!

Hello ladies,

Xsusha invited me to blog, and I have to admit it's addicting! I'm working with her in New York and am married (will be 5 years this Thursday), have two cats, one which takes after me and needs to shed some weight because her knees hurt, and am about to graduate, if I can finish my thesis.

I am using Weight Watchers online program, and I had lost 5 pounds out of the 30 I'm shooting for, but have gained 2 back. I feel like if I even look at a french fry, my week is kaput. I gain when I start dipping into my weekly points, so I suppose I'll have to get more active.

On that note, I'm on my second day jogging with my husband. Xsusha can tell you he's not the most supportive person and today we disagreed on how fast I should be able to move. I *want* to move faster, and I probably could step it up a little bit, but I don't want to get burned out and lose motivation to do it again the next day. I definitely don't want to have every step criticized. I do that to myself enough!

So, I vent my frustration on my blog, and it really seems to help me let it go. Stress keeps the weight from coming off, so any chance to let it go is good for me. I think my goal will be to get a new swimsuit once I hit the 10 pound loss. Blogging, goals, and sharing the journey with a supportive group who understands that it isn't as simple as eating less calories to make the weight disappear are what keeps me going.

Thank you Xsusha for the invite, and I look forward to the posts!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome!! I can totally relate to being attacked by a french fry and running with a husband you might want to drop kick! Can't wait to hear more about your weight loss and weight watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I think all of us can relate to the waistline roller coaster. I had the chance to go as an invited guest to meet one of the biggest loser contestants & he said we need to learn to live like the skinny world. They (skinny people) will tell you that they eat right 6 days a week & pig out one day a week. That's my method this time around, if it doesn't work I may resort to cutting off a limb to drop the lbs :)

    ReplyDelete